New Branch Architectures
In this project, we are exploring new architectures for better branch handling. Our prior works, listed below, are stepping stones.
- V. Srinivasan, R. Basu Roy Chowdhury, and E. Rotenberg. Slipstream Processors Revisited: Exploiting Branch Sets. Proceedings of the 47th ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA-47), pp. 105-117, May 2020. [pdf]
- R. Sheikh, J. Tuck, and E. Rotenberg. Control-Flow Decoupling: An Approach for Timely, Non-speculative Branching. IEEE Transactions on Computers, 64(8):2182-2203, publication date (preprint): October 2014, issue date: August 2015. [pdf]
- R. Sheikh, J. Tuck, and E. Rotenberg. Control-Flow Decoupling. Proceedings of the 45th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Microarchitecture (MICRO-45), pp. 329-340, December 2012. [pdf]
- M. Al-Otoom, R. Sheikh, and E. Rotenberg. A Case for a Software-Managed Reconfigurable Branch Predictor. 5th Workshop on Architectural and Microarchitectural Support for Binary Translation (AMAS-BT’12), in conjunction with ISCA-39, June 2012. [pdf]
- M. Al-Otoom, E. Forbes, and E. Rotenberg. EXACT: Explicit Dynamic-Branch Prediction with Active Updates. Proceedings of the 7th ACM International Conference on Computing Frontiers (CF-7), pp. 165-176, May 2010. [pdf]
- A. S. Al-Zawawi, V. K. Reddy, E. Rotenberg, and H. Akkary. Transparent Control Independence (TCI). Proceedings of the 34th IEEE/ACM International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA-34), pp. 448-459, June 2007. [pdf]